Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Mass Destruction of PlushSnuffie

Wow its been nearly 6 weeks since I played any kind of substantial BF2. AnotherEd mentioned an 8pm get-together, and when I showed up there was AnotherEd, MrGoofWrench, CrazyFirefighter and Elevenb19910 (aka Major A Hole, dude you seriously need a new BF2 name).

They were already into the action on Mass Destruction, and I spent most of the time on the map either getting killed as I spawned or else running after vehicles that would not stop for me (yet again). I got bored, spawned way back and tried to put C4 on a vehicle for a suicide run against a tank or APC, but a teammate stole the vehicle and ran me over. For a while there I was medic, and got a few revival points, but we lost the factory and that ended my mass revival run (wooo 6). The enemy was attacking our rear base, and I was getting killed within seconds of spawning for around 10 minutes, so I went sniper, and made my way around the mountains along the East side and took out a number of attackers before the map ended. I ran out of ammo a few times because our crappy commander did not appear to heed resupply calls. It was a relatively boring map, I found it hard to keep up with my squad, although Kudos to our squad leader for at least keeping an "attack here" line on my map for me. I don't know the names of flag areas so stopping to look at my big map is usually lethal.

A few dropped and 3 of us ended up on Ghost Town, but the enemy was too strong and we were being attacked pretty much anywhere we spawned. Okay, *I* was attacked anywhere I spawned. The typical PlushSnuffie luck followed me as I fell off the bridge, fell off a building, got ran over by a teammate, accidentally fired my AT at my feet, and lastly I tried to ambush a hiding enemy but ran out of ammo from 5 feet away and he killed me with one shot.

I'm not a big fan of SF maps, they're a little too "dark" if you know what I mean. At least with maps like Dalian Plant or Dragon Valley there's plenty of bright nature to die in. Tonite was not a great return to the game, but I should have a bit more time to continue playing in the next week.

Lesson to learn: Memorize the layout of SF maps.

Lesson confirmed: When I'm driving a tank, I'm a 1-shot kill for the enemy, and when I'm carrying an AT, there are 3 guys repairing just out of my view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home