Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Where It All Started

Having played both console and PC games for many years, and especially enjoying FPS (First Person Shooter) style games, Battlefield 2 was a natural progression. I had played most recently such games as Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty 2, Counter Strike: Source, and Day of Defeat, among others. Bumping it up a notch by playing what all my efriends were playing seemed like a logical choice.

What I didn’t bargain for was the experience was like nothing I’d ever played previously. BF2 came highly recommended. I was warned that I’d need a decent system to play it, so after I bought a new machine with lots of RAM, a fast SATA hard drive and decent video, I pickup up the Deluxe edition which included Special Forces.

Installing was simple enough. Leafing through the manual during install, I thought to myself, “looks simple enough”. If it uses WASD, should be a piece of cake, right? Little did I know I would quickly develop an intense love/hate relationship with this game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home