Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's All About Control

Friday I decided to hop on .id|Battlefield, our non-ranked practice server and tweak some of my controls. I slowed my vehicle and player sensitivity a bit to increase my control which seemed to work okay. Of course it didn't take long for my pals CrazyFirefighter and F0E_H4MMER to show up and goof around with me. I believe it started when I told CrazyFirefighter I could land a jet on the carrier and he wanted to see it for himself. Like me, he didn't even know if it was possible. Entirely useless in the game, but simply for curiosity's sake. Years ago I had mastered landing the Cessna on the carrier ... SIDEWAYS across the runway instead of down the runway ... in MS Flight Sim. No chance of that in BF2 though. I like a challenge.

Mulching with these guys let me toy with being a Commander, which I'm not used to. All I know is that the concepts are easy enough, but the odd controls within the commander map make it awkward. Must practice more of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home