Saturday, August 26, 2006

There Are No Holidays in BF2

So I'm back from my holidays and the only thing I really missed while I was gone was the sound of the attack helos. Unfortunately there weren't any to be found in the Rockies, nor did my repeated requests for a supply drop succeed. I was taken by surprise at 2am by a freak thunderstorm while in my tent, it was so intense it could have been mistaken for an artillery barrage.

So last night was "The Bi-Monthly Teach MrGoofWrench How to Play" event, and although I expected up to a dozen of my fellow RA'ers, only AnotherEd, The_Huntress, GW and myself showed. We bounced around first in Warlord, but soon left for some ripe pickings at Karkand and Daqing. Huntress was doing well as commander, that's something I need to work on myself, as I find the controls a bit odd. If only the commander screen was as user-friendly as google maps.

As AnotherEd's rank is Captain and he has about 700 hours more playtime than me, I always think its a good idea to follow him around and learn from him. Unfortunately for me its like playing tag, he is always rushing off to defend different capture points. He'll say "over to the refinery!" on comms, and by the time I've checked my map to see where the refinery is he'll be 2 miles away defending some lonely gas station.

At one point we went to defend the middle oil storage tanks, and I hopped out and ran up the stairs looking for the flag. Immediately I saw it below me but by that time Ed was already in a jeep heading out. WTF Ed slow down pal! So another time I asked for a ride and stepped out of a door only to find myself under the treads of his tank. Earlier on Karkand I was 4 steps behind him as he hopped in a truck and took off, completely ignoring my wails of protest. I ran about a mile to where the action was only to be headshotted from a bunnyhopping Support troop from 500 yards away.

If I'm not spawning in the middle of a artillery barrage, I'm spawning as all the vehicles have left for the front. Sometimes I feel like the kid who always misses the schoolbus.

Lesson to learn: How to keep up with AnotherEd

Lesson confirmed: The hitbox of my player's head is 10x the size of everyone else's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home